- Modern design plastic housing with non-glare, scratch-resistant Nextel® finish
- High-quality gooseneck microphone (including pop screen)
- Ring of the gooseneck illuminates to indicate the Ready-to-Talk status
- 3 buttons (priority, microphone, clear)
- LED to indicate microphone is switched on or off
- Integrated loudspeaker
- Volume control to adjust the loudspeaker?s volume
- DIP switches for addressing and programming the microphone unit
- 15-pin Sub-D socket for the system connecting cable
- Fixed connecting cable (3 m long) with 15-pin Sub-D plug
- Mono mini-jack output for the connection of recorders, dictating machines etc.
The MCS 523 chairman?s microphone unit consists of one microphone button, one priority button and one clear button in the housing. The microphone button operates normal switching on and off of the microphone. The chairman does not depend upon the limited number of open microphones (NOM). Using the priority button the chairman can intervene into the discussion and mute or clear the activated delegate microphone units depending on the system configuration. Using the clear button all activated delegate microphone units are switched off.
The Ready-to-Talk status of the microphone is indicated by the illuminated red ring and the green LED in the housing. The integrated loudspeaker has been optimised for excellent speech intelligibility. If the participant switches on the microphone, the
loudspeaker is switched off automatically. Depending on the system configuration it is possible that the loudspeakers of other, predefined microphone units, e.g. neighbouring microphone units, are also switched off. The metal base plate of the housing gives good physical isolation of the microphone unit against mechanical coupling.